Monday, December 21, 2009

SERIOUSLY ALREADY! enough with the plague

Well, here we are again in the Fisher house hold. SICK. can you believe it? I sure can't. Ever since Braden was one 1 week old so about 10 weeks ago we have been sick off and on. Every time we get better something else wipes us out. I have NO clue what's going on. We eat pretty good, take vitamins, we go to bed and wake up at decent hours, Riley takes scheduled naps-most of the time-I have NO idea why our immune systems are so prone to EVERY sickness this winter is carrying.
Lets see we've had: colds so bad they required breathing treatments and oral steroids in the urgent care, sinus headaches/infection/colds, sore throats, more sinus stuff, STREP throat, now we moved on from the throat and head stuff onto some kind of the flu. Riley started throwing up at dinner last night-yes not too appetizing for her poor uncles at the same table trying to eat while her barf is splattering across the table-and she has diarrhea too. We were at my mother in law's when this started and took her right home because we didn't want to get anyone else sick-it's been through just about everyone there but we didn't want to get any of them re-sick or the poor baby luke(4months-could you imagine?) On the way home she said her stomach hurt, i was so nervous she was going to lose it in the car-thankgoodness she made it home and was cuddling on the couch with dad(on top of a towel with a bowl next to them)before the next wave hit her :( oh and that was only after i gave her pedialyte...I'm happy to report she did excellent througout the night and doing good this morning so far. Only nasty "number 2" so far. Josh slept in her bed and made her a bed on the ground out of towells last night and he said she only woke up to drink a ton. On another note i'm sad to report i woke up at 4:30am to the beautiful noise of an adult vomitting...josh is down with this flu now too. Poor guy. He has is pretty bad and i'm trying to let him sleep it up. All the while Braden is exhiled to our bedroom-he is not allowed to see, smell, look or even think about Riley or Josh right now, otherwise i'm sure he'll catch it too!
I'm SO dissapointed, words don't do it justice. My mom, me, riley and braden were going to go to sea world for the last time this year(our passes expire at the end of this month) tomorrow and take our cousins for their christmas present. I'm so upset we don't get to go and i already told riley that we were going on two seperate occasions(first one got rained out, now this!) It makes my heart just hurt to know she doesn't really understand why we can't go AGAIN.
On top of it i'm super anxious-is this the right word?-about christmas, i've gotten my own hopes up SO much about Riley's christmas morning. We've talked up santat SO SO SO much, and she is so excited. Josh and i are really looking forward to her first time that she knows what's going on, and ripping thru her presents and ughhh all of it ya know? The whole face when she see's her stuff santa brought for her...i'm getting depressed thinking about it. if she is sick christmas morning i'm going to cry my eyes out.
I feel so bad fo josh and riley i need them better just to see them smile...
Okay, i think i'm done venting...if anyone has any ideas how to get riley better ASAP i'd appreciate ANY ideas

6 comments:

  1. I think that she is going to be feeling better by christmas, or mostly better. I do not think it is going to be that bad for long. So I hope for you that she is feeling good and that all your Santa dreams come true!
    I hope you all get feeling better perminently. I need to go one more time to Sea World before our passes expire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sickness was going around our ward last week. Then Aiden got it and he got cody sick too. it should be very short although the diahrea might last a little longer. it was only like a 24 hour thing with the vomiting and a 2 or 3 day thing with it comming out the other end. i didnt have pedialyte to give aiden so riley will probably get better faster! spray down everything with lysol though so you and braden dont get sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you guys may still be able to go to Sea World. These little kids sometimes throw up like crazy and then suddenly it's gone. If she seems fine all afternoon and during the night your might be fine. I'm sure everyone will be well by Christmas. We are really excited for that at our house too - what a great age!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO sorry you're dealing with so much sickness. That's so hard with kids this young and a baby to worry about! I was just about to call you to see if you wanted to go running this morning because Russell could watch the kids- prolly not a good idea. Thanks for warning me about the sickness at the Fishers last night because we would have gone had you not warned me. Let me know if I can help- Russell is home so I can run some errands for you if you need anything or take Braden for a couple of hours in between feedings or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and we are going to go to Sea World on wednesday- you should go then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess! Wow, I'm so SORRY! That would be so hard to have sick kids (and adults) the way you guys have. Hang in there. The flu doesn't usually last that long so hopefully Riley and Josh feel better way before Christmas. Love you

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?