Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Plague Update

I thought we got lucky, really lucky. The day riley woke up after throwing up and what not she was acting great besides some diarrhea...I mean i wasn't about to give her normal food yet, she was still stricly on pedialyte and dry toast or soda crackers but you know.josh was AWFUL. i've literally never seen someone so white. He slept alllllll day. So i figured wow she must of got a small case of whatever it was and josh got it to the max.

The next day she woke up not feeling well at all :( she wasn't throwing up or anything but you could tell she was very much under the weather. Josh was feeling slightly better but not 100% at all. He had to go into work anyway and even had to stay late to get things done, poor guy. My stomach had felt a little weird all day but i was hoping i was just being a hypochondriac. I used the last of my energy to CLEAN the house. I vacummed, mopped, srcubbed by hand and lysoled my ENTIRE house. I did bed sheets, towells and blankets. I wanted to make sure if i got sick i would have the house ready for christmas and "de-germed" as much as possible. turns out good thing i did that, I was calling josh begging him to hurry as fast as he could to get home, i got so weak and nauseated-all that fun stuff that night. He came home as soon as work would allow and rescued me. I took a bath and promptly did all the "flu stuff".

Then the stress started...how in the world am i going to care for my kids in the morning feeling like this?! no one to help me-i can't send braden anywhere since i nurse him and riley is still sick so she can't go anywhere, josh HAD to go to work. So we went to bed and Riley woke up 3 times i think josh said-ended up in bed with josh and throwing up again :( This morning she got up at 6:40-gotta love kids right? I put on a movie for her downstairs so i could catch more zzzz's and i awoke to her frantically calling my name, i figured she threw up so i ran down stairs to find out her diarrhea had returned full force...filled her diaper and all the way up the neck of her feety pajamas! gross huh?

I'm feeling "okay" today which is making caring for my babies SO much better than anticipated. My cousin katie ran to the store for me to buy riley more peidalyte which helped a TON-thanks katie! I couldnt imagine getting the kids out to even do that and i'd feel horrible breathing on people or touching things. so i hope i got the super mini version of this virus, my fingers are crossed.

Sorry this is so boring and gross to read, but i blog about my life and this is what's going on right now! We're still looking forward to christmas and all that comes with it. We'll most likely have to be quarantined in our home, but it's all about family anyway right? I'm super bummed out i won't get to see and share the holiday's with others but i'm TRYING-key word- to stay positive and realize how much worse it could be. At least i have my husband and kids to celebrate with :)

Merry Christmas to ALL. I hope everyone enjoys playing santa as much as i'm looking forward to it. Be safe and enjoy the holidays!

5 comments:

  1. I hope I still get to see your faces 2morrow. Feel better. Have a lazy day and drink water by the gallons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're feeling at least a little better! It's horrible to have your family sick, especially at Christmastime!!! I had it for one day and then it was gone and luckily I am the only one in the family that got it! What a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it always seem like we get sick right when it is the least convenient to be sick. Sorry to hear how icky you guys have been feeling. Hope you continue to feel better quickly....Santa comes soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O girl, I am SO SORRY that you guys are going through all of this. NOT FUN!!!!! I hope you have a Merry Christmas anyway, I think it will be one you always remember forever! Hope you get feeling better soon, soon, soon. You need a break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you guys feel better soon! I mean.....COME ON ALREADY! You guys have had enough illness to last a few years (maybe that's what will happen :) fingers crossed for you to get better! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?