Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 already.

I love life. I really do :)
I'm generally a satisfied person. I'm always striving to be better, do new things, harder things, etc. but i love what i have and where i'm at most of the time. I can't believe i'm so lucky. I always wanted to marry young and have kids. and look, it's exactly what i have. I can't complain about anything at the moment, i should never complain but i know i do.
This last year was great. No need to re-cap, 1.i dont feel like it and 2.you've all been reading my blog every day right ;)
On to the new year! 2010 a few goals i have in mind:
More floor time with Riley. She really is a smart little girl, i need to keep her brain going and challenge her more.
Run a half marathon.
Eat better and feed my family better. I remember growing up we ate VERY well rounded. Veggies with dinner EVERY night etc. I want and need to cook more for my family.
I want to embrace coupons! I know they're out there.
Grow spiritually. This is on my daily list of things to do. But perhaps this year i will pick a church topic and study it more intensly or something of the sort.
I'm sure i have more goals, but i honestly can't think of them right now.
Riley has a few goals:
Learn to count to 20 this year. She's up to 10 and we're working on 11-15
POTTY TRAIN-she is in big girl undies as i type. we made it all morning and to stator brothers and back. Still doing good. I'm biting my nails waiting for that first accident...i have the carpet cleaner close at hand!
Letter recognition. She wants :) to be able to recognize the entire alphabet sometime this year, hopefully sooner rather then later.
Braden of course has goals...to be a baby! He's doing great. I do have to say i bragged that on thanksgiving he was batting at some toys, which he did but hasn't since then! can you believe it, what a tease. Just the past two days he's seemed closer, he stares at them intently and waves his arms around, he's hit them a few times but i think on accident. He is close! He smiles a lot and is a great sleeper-still ranging from every 4 hours at night to 10hrs! (i love those nights) We love having braden in our lives and riley is such a GREAT sister. We do ANYTHING to make him laugh-i'm a little addicted to it and try hard to get my fix most days.
As for Josh, you'd have to ask him. I'm sure he has a list of goals. I do know he is comitted to losing a few pounds, we've been doing p90x for a few weeks now-boy does that kick your butt! I'm proud he can actually bust out a few pull ups where as i just hang on the bar and wonder how people pull themselves up at all. He's the best husband i could ask for and exactly the kind of dad this family needs. So as far as him setting goals for himself i'd be happy if he just kept up everything he's doing for us :) (love you hunny)
I hope all of you out there have some goals and are motivated to kick off the new year!

4 comments:

  1. How come I am still emotional, for some random reason this post got me choked up :) Yeah...???
    Anyway good goals, my goals will be posted tomorrow. My goal is to see you more this year, DEAL??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe 2010 is here. I think I'm going to make an effort to save more by using coupons too:) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great goals! It's funny how babies do something then quit forever so you almost feel like you made it up. Ollie rolled over twice from his tummy to his back over a month ago but not since so I won't even write it in his baby book! Riley will do great with letters. I suggest flashcards (I got mine at Walgreens, of course). Bayer loved to look at them and we concentrated on a few a day. He also loved Sesame Street which is really good at that and I have a video called "The Amazing Alphabet Race" that goes through all the letters in a fun way that Bayer watched over and over and could finally recite the letters along with it. You are welcome to borrow that for as long as you would want. Good luck in 2010 for your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun for you guys! What great things to have as goals for yourself and the kiddos.
    As far as Riley's alphabet stuff goes, Makenna knows 90% of the alphabet but starting next week I am doing a new thing with her. We are going to have a letter of the week that she will draw out of a bag. Then all week we are going to focus on Just that letter and do crafts with it, eat foods that start with that letter, play games with that letter, point Just that letter out everywhere we go, etc. Just a little tip if it sounds like something you want to do.
    I love looking at your blog. It always makes me smile and reminds me of where my life was just months ago.

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?