Thursday, December 4, 2008

So this bird...

So this bird has decided it needs to sleep above our front doors every night, for about the past week. It kind of freaked out when we come in our go out our OWN FRONT DOORS, so i've learned that when i am exiting our home i just have to run for it...or be dive bombed by this sparrow looking thing. We haven't had any incidences up to last night, it just kind of flys around our front porch until we are done coming or going. But when you are leaving our front doors you cant see it unless you are daring enough to stick your head far enough out and look straight up and a little back (exactly why i just make a run for it...) so last night Josh and I had a church activity we had to go to (where we played Joseph and Mary) of course we were running a bit late, so josh called on his way home and said i should drop Riley off at the sitter's while he was driving home so we could just hop in the car and take off right away...well i was trying to be really on top of things, Riley was taking a nap so i decided i would go put my purse and sweater in the car so that when i got riley from her crib i could just run downstairs and hop in the car with her...okay, time to exit our house...you never know if this bird is there, but since it was night time, my guess was that it was sitting it's little bird butt right about the door. I tried to look but was not gutsy enought to really take a good glance so i decided ill run for it...this is where i made my mistake, i left the front door wide open and ran! Well, i looked back and there it was, just sitting and staring on it's little perch that is becoming poopy :( i put my stuff in the car and came back...we had a little stare down, and nothing...we were in a stalemate. SO i think tomyself, what are my options? I could run i the house, the bird will most like start flying around and scare the crap out of me, so instead i pretend to (this is where you guys can totally start laughing at me by the way!)... i PRETEND to throw my keys at it, hoping it would get scared and fly away...nothing. not a blink of it eye. SO then i take of my sandal...yes that's right, laugh it up and pretend to throw my shoe, nothing! this bird, i'll tell ya...so then i think ok i'll really throw my shoe at it, not to hit it but just to scare it so i could get in the house because A. it was really cold out and B. it was already time to get riley and go, since i spent so much time with this bird! (side note: SOOOO glad that josh and i have never agreed more on anything then on the side of animals. we both dont' like them., and never want a pet! we dont' mind when we visit other people with them. it's always fun to play with a puppy, but not in our home! anyway, although i dont like animals at all, i still never like to hurt them or see them hurt). So i threw my shoe, aiming next to it, VICTORY, for a split second. The bird took flight...right into our HOUSE!!! great....right?! so it was flying around our entry that is two stories tall...not knowing what to do i just look at it in disbelief as it lands on our blinds at the very top...i hurry and open up both of our front doors and then run to the kitchen to get a broom, not that i could reach the bird anyway. Well when i came back it flew into our hallway UPSTAIRS and right into our master bedroom...oh geez, only when you have somewhere to be does this happen! so it's flying circles like crazy over our bed and i'm scared of the dumb thing for some reason so i would peek in the door then get scared and run into our laundry room...haha...i called josh and he talks me into shooing it out with the broom...then i call the sitter because i didnt' know what else to do...i needed to talk to someone! and she had a level head and told me to open the windows in our bedroom and take off the screens, so as i BRAVELY entered the war zone and did so, the bird flew into our closet :( oh after pooping on our dresser, i might add... then i got a little riskier and started to try to aim it, with the broom towards a window...no luck, the thing was probably so scared of me, as i was of it. It just kept up in circles. so finally, i called josh again and he said to just shut the door and take riley and that he would take care of it when he got home (by the way, he thought i was a wus for shreaking and making all sorts of girly noises on the phone, he thought this PSYCHO bird would be no problem) after i dropped off riley and got back home, i came up stairs to find josh fighting the bird still! ha, it wasnt' just me being a whimp! He was getting all frustrated, and i wish i had my camera at this point, but we were already running late...the bird by now was in our bathroom and josh opened the window and door to the toilet room and we were trying to get into that room so we could shut the door and go. This bird was getting so tired but not giving up! we finally get it into our laundry basket and shoved it in the bathroom. Slammed the door, took a breath and just thought what a crazy night! we decided we should turn off the bathroom light, hoping the bird would go out inot the real night...so we left and went to our church activity, sure that when we got back the bird would be gone...we come home go upstairs and i open the bathroom door to find....
uh huh, the bird! still in the same place....
So the fight was on....the laundry basket was back out...
and the broom ready...josh finally just locked himself in the bathroom with the bird and basket and after a lot of thudding, he came out victorious....
And that my friends, is the story of the bird in the fisher home....



12 comments:

  1. OH I am in tears from laughing. I think that story made my day. Did you know I have a bird phobia? I usually tear up a bit when I talk about them and Russell has to get them away before I'll get out of the car at a store. You handled this MUCH better than I every would have. I probably would have been crying somewhat. Ha- anyone who has ever made fun of my phobia I am going to refer to this post. Birds are evil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great story Jess! Katie will need therapy after reading that! I'm not anti pet, just anti hair (fur), slobber, pet food, litter boxes, dog poo..you get the picture. I think that leaves me with the only acceptable pet being a gold fish. But like you I don't mind when others have pets. I wonder if there's a blog contest you could enter that story in. You would totaly win!
    -Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. O my gosh that sounds like such an adventure and SO SO FUNNY!!! Seriously that is a crack up, especially the fact that you were so afraid of it!
    Love love your picture and glad you would use me if you had the choice but it is a totally cute shot of your beautiful family and by the way, you look AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay that story is so funny. I would have probably been a little more hysterical. Is the bird every going to bother the Fisher home again? I am with you. Our family will never have a pet either. Mark and I agree and for that I am so GRATEFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! That was so funny!
    PS- you know your a blogger when you whip out your camera in the middle of hysteria and take action shots...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was funny! Our family will never have a pet either! By the way....I love your new picture at the top of your blog! (also....my other sister, Megan has a blog, too if you want to check it out http://cardmakinmama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica, this same thing happended to us (just with a less persisitent bird). There is a stupid bird that perches in our porch overhang every night in the winter. It is now back for a 2nd year - oh joy! If we have the audactity to go out our front door, it flies around in a tizzy and flew in the house one night. Luckily, after a few crazy laps around the living room it went right back out. I hate that bird. Beaumont birds are sure brazen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA You are hysterical! I couldn't stop laughing during the story! And I absolutely LOVE your family picture! Where did you get it done at? We are getting ours done in a week and I have no clue where to take them at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. You had me on the end of my seat!! You need to enter that somewhere, like readers digest. I am a pet person, but I have no problem getting rid of pests!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello. In case you don't recognize our last name, we met at Laurie's house. I enjoyed your story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I am over at my mom's house finishing up some laundry but I should be leaving soon. You don't have to bring us dinner but if you want to you can :) just give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very funny! I am scared of any "wild" animal!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?