Tuesday, July 10, 2012

6 Years Ago...

Josh and I were sealed in the Redlands temple. We have a great big {huge, really} family and many friends that all came to our wedding and made us feel so loved. I was overwhelmed with the generosity of everyone. We received compliment after compliment and the gifts-oh the gifts, I really was blown away. Josh and I are so very blessed with our life and I try hard to not take things for granted, but I'm sure I do.
I remember not being nervous AT ALL that day-then it hit me "I'm not nervous on my wedding day! Shouldn't I be nervous? Does this mean that this isn't right?!" haha I was sooo determined to NOT be a bridezilla that all I needed was my soon to be husband and my dress. The rest was all just a bonus, I think thats why I stayed so calm. {looking back I wish I would've stressed a little more as I did not ABSOLUTELY love my makeup or hair. But whatever.
All that mattered was that I was lucky enough to meet josh, fall in love, realize quickly that we both wanted the same things and be sealed for eternity to him. I got so lucky with this guy.
I had great bridesmaids, they will all hopefully be lifelong friends, I haven't lost touch with any, some are closer than others but we all talk when we can. And anyone who can lift my husband like this rocks!
{see pictures 1,2 & 3}

We spent our anniversary with plans to go to the Griffith observatory (a trip planned by me as a gift to josh-you know learn about the stars and what not since we are married for eternity-I'm a girl and it's in my nature to turn any trip into something more romantic, sentimental, etc than it is) buuutty josh had driven a ton for work that week and wasn't up for it do we plan on doing it soon. Josh surprised me with a new pair of rainbows since mine are in beyond sad shape (my toes touch the ground-thru the leather). We spent the day relaxing, getting a few things done around the house, did a little school shopping for Riley and by the. I has a killlleeerrr headache so going out to dinner was out of the question. We got chilli's take out and enjoyed dinner at home.
It's been an interesting 6years, full of learning, playing, growing, changing but always loving one another.
I love my man, my supporter, father to my kids, my friend, Josh. Here's to 6more years!

3 comments:

  1. I'm in that BRIDESMAID picture! I remember that day (and how heavy Josh was;) j/k j/k!
    I can't believe that was already 6 years ago! And P.Ess. We have known eachother for over EIGHT years now...so there! I love you Essie! Happy be-lated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally remember your wedding day!! 6 years already? Thats so crazy. I remember when we met too...friends for life at first SITE!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?