Friday, January 21, 2011

Last Minute Resolutions

I've thought of just a couple more things to add to my list of ways i want to change my life this year
1.(start)Work on my Personal Progress.  Being called to 2nd counsler for the Young Women Program in our church has been great.  I love the calling and all that comes with it.  I've decided that each Sunday after church i will work on my Personal Progress. I think it will be a great Sunday activity to help keep the spirit and i always have a few free hours. This is something I've been wanting to do for quite a few years and finally have the perfect opprtunity.
2.Index an hour or so each week ('ish) (month? we'll see how it goes).  I learned how to index last night and it's sort of a new (dorky) passion. It's a relaxing thing to do, interesting and fun? (fun being left open to interpretation) But doing family search indexing makes me feel that i'm doing my part to help get names prepared for temple work.
3.Get and frame a picture of the Prophet and his counslers. I was at a friends house last night and they had one in their front room. It really does set such a different feeling. I loved it and am inspired to have the same feeling in my home.
4. Make my husband feel like the luckiest man ever.
So, there you have it. A few more things that will hopefully help shape me into a much better person.

3 comments:

  1. Jessica, we have the same calling! I love your goals, especially number 4, the way you worded it, makes it even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been SO LAZY and super lame this year. It is not off to the best start resolution wise. I need a wake up call or something to kick me in the pants and get my bum in gear. You inspire me. Maybe I can take that inspiration and do something with it. I need to get on the ball like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great resolutions Jessica! I know exactly what you mean when you say having a picture of the prophet and the council sets a different mood! It's like a constant reminder for choosing the right! :) I def need to get one asap! Maybe it'll help keep the spirit around a bit longer! :D

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?