Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions!

I love the new year, i love making resolutions...i love anytime i can make a list of, farely, short term goals and have the chance to cross them off that list...
My resolutions for 2011:
  • Write to my brother inlaw 2xmonth (leaving to serve a mission in Texas soon
  • Write to my Grandma Ruth 2xmonth
  • Complete part of Personal Progress for Young Women's by reading a chapter a day in the Book of Mormon (finishing it sometime by Thanksgiving)
  • Keep running. Thanks in large part to my cousin and running buddy i haven't quit this winter like i usually do. Instead we brave the 40degree weather and we "just do it". I gotta take a picture, we run in head warmer things and gloves (and i still wear shorts-just cant bear to run in pants for some reason) i'm sure we look a little goofy.
  • Be a better mom(i.e.have MORE patience)
  • Get the top of my kitchen cupboards decorated...that dreaded space that is so hard to fill!
  • Keep on with the Fisher Food Storage Plan i made up and started two months ago.
Our church talks A LOT about getting a good food storage going in your home and lately i really decided to listen to this and do something about it. There are many ways you can build a food storage and i finally found something that really works for us. I'll share it incase you want to adopt it and try it out this year!
Each month i simply write a "food storage goal" at the top of my calendar. Next to it i write "completed" and write down everything i bought. Sometimes i buy things (like an extra gallon of water) that wasn't on the list, so i write it there as well. It's something i have planned out a few months in advance so that i feel like i'm not focusing too much on one item and if a disaster stuck we'd atleast have a little of everything right off the bat.

Nov2010-50cans (i completed this by picking up whatever cans were on sale and whatever we like to eat or would use. refired beans, all dif veggies, a few fruits etc.)
Dec2010-72hour kits for each of us (josh, jessica riley and braden)-this one is tough but i feel the most important to start off. We can now survive in decent shape 3 days if we had to.
Jan2011-Baking goods (flour, sugar, salt, veg oil, powdered milk, etc.) AND 10-20 cans.
Feb2011-BIG first aid kit, 4gallons of Water, 5 boxes(crackers etc.)
March2011-canned meats(chicken, tuna, beef)
April2011-Toiletries(t.p.,baby wipes, dish soap, laundry detergent, body wash, face wash, toothpaste tampons(imagine being in a disaster w/o those!) AND 10cans
That's all i have mapped out so far. I think at that point i can re-assess and see what we need, where we need to add to etc.

Hope you all have fun making and keeping new resolutions as well!



4 comments:

  1. Good luck with those! I need to complete a few young womens projects! That would be good for me. :) and I wish we had room to do food storage and 72 hour kits and what not. I'd probably stick black ops in mine. ;) LOL! Mine would be to submit a before and after photo to the p90x crew and show major results after my 90 days. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GO GIRL with the food storage thing, I need to get started on that, maybe I will just use your plan :) Thanks for posting it!!! Love your resolutions. My resolution is to post my resolutions by the end of this week :) You inspire me!
    P.S. I LOVE THE PIC OF THE WEEK, SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea with the emergency preparedness. I love it. I am going to try and adopt a similar thing. Thanks for inspiring me to be better too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your posts! you are such a good mom and I love that you joke around with your kids and let them play in the rain! i so want to be that kind of mom! :) And I am with you too...I LOVE new years resolutions!! Good job on the running...40 degrees would be heaven for us!! try running in 6 degrees. yea...not as much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?