Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Awww my first post in awhile where my kids aren't sick and i'm not stressed out. I LOVE it. We've been just haning out, not doing much, getting braden on a sleeping schedule, or trying to figure one out. Playing with Riley. Listening to all the crazy things she says, trying to learn to stay in all day without going nuts. The usual!
Braden has taken to sucking his thumb. I fought it for about 2 days, switched his thumb for a pacifier, which he'd take, then i'd go and check on him while he's sleeping and the pacifier is long gone, with his thumb in his mouth. I gave up, it's obvious he likes his thumb, it makes him happy and calm. I have a little fear of thumb sucking since i did it until i was like 11 or 12 and eventually got a thumb guard in my mouth to help me quit, but hopefully he won't be that extreme. Josh's mom babysat him yesterday and did not allow him to suck it and from when i picked him up and all the rest of the night and so far this morning he hasn't, so we'll see! (secretly, it's kind of cute)
This first picture is for my friend Elizabeth who bought Braden this teddy bear blanket, she also bought riley an off white one when she was born that she sleeps with too, so it's pretty special...I stick it between his arms when i put him down to get him used to it :)
See what i mean? Kind of cute right? He goes down for naps sooo easy too, i lay him down when he's fed, tired but still awake, he pops it in and to sleep he goes...we'll see what happens today.
Sunday after church i wanted to take some pictures of them, realized i don't really have pictures of them dressed up for church and this is what i got....Braden saying "Dear Lord, help me now"
Riley was wearing one of my old dresses and i thought she looked so cute and wanted a nice picture of her...well a few shots later and some major bribeing with candy i got one.



We went to visit my Grandma Ruth and had a great time. She always has all the snacks in the world for us and a few little surprises to take home.


***this picture belongs with the other one like it 5 pictures down, but i accidently deleted it and ya, now it's here :)
Watching the Opening Ceremonies of the Winter Olympics
We borrowed this bike trailer from josh's brother and took the kids for a fun ride, Riley was peeved here because braden kept "pushing" her. They had fun on the ride even thought they look sort of miserable here!
Having fun with Oma. She as spinning a draddle(spelling?)and the girls were kicking it down, having a blast.
My nephew, Lucas, playing. He is one of the HAPPIEST babies i know!

Hailey and Riley like to take all the toys out of Oma's cabinet and sit in it, of course riley was being a stinker and wouldn't pose but you can see how cute her cousin Hailey is in the next picture which is the one about 5 above this!

Uncle Taylor and Braden hanging out

P.s. be sure to check out "riley's rantings" on the side of my blog for the wackiest things she's said lately, they are sure to make you laugh and or gasp!

7 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures. I love that Riley wore one of your old dresses. So cute. The thumb sucking is kind of cute when they're little, but I HATE it!!!!! Abby is 3 now and we have no hope of her stopping anytime soon......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to have them suck their thumb. This is our 3rd child to do this. I don't envy with the stopping. It is hard and annoying. But you are right, they are content and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cutie kids. I should take a camera in to nursery on Sundays and get some pictures of Riley in her church clothes. She is always so cute and good and everyone who goes into nursery just falls in love with her. I love the little things she says - what a little character! I know what you mean about censoring. I never thought the day would come when "shut up" "stupid" and even "butt" seemed like bad words to me. I enjoyed reading this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those pictures are super cute!!! I think you should just go with the thumb thing and work it out when he gets older, but I am not his mom and I do understand your worry :) You are a wonderful mommy!
    LOVE the dress pictures!! She looks SO CUTE!!!
    Your kids are so stinkin sweet!
    O and I love your nephew flipping off the camera, did you notice that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you guys are healthy again! And if you need to get out of the house you can always come hang out over here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Cow! When did Braden get so big?!! He is such a cutie! As for me and my opinion....don't worry about the thumb thing. In a lot of ways it is soooo nice when they suck their thumbs. And he will grow out of it at some point. And if he doesn't on his own then there are ways to make him. I wouldn't stress about it. But obviously that is my opinion since my daughter sucks hers :)
    And wow Riley, you are just toooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?