Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Why?

(riley bustin' out the vampire teeth for halloween)
We have entered the "why" phase. Cute right? Right. I try to remind myself that this is cute. Sometimes it is and sometimes well, i say over and over..."This is cute, this is Riley getting smart. Teach her while she is willing."
   A few of them lately:
 -me"riley you have to use the handle to open the (car)door"
 -Riley "why?"
 -me"because when you pull the handle the door opens"
 -Riley"but why?"
 -me"because that is how it was made."
 -Riley"but why?"

 -Riley"why is it raining?"
 -me"because the clouds are full"
 -Riley"why"
 -me"because Heavenly Father wanted it to rain"
 -Riley"but what about it?!" (this is what she says when i'm not answering her the way she wants, when i'm not understanding her question.)

I understand i need to start coming up with better answers, i guess i've lacked the motivation lately especially when the answer would leave her just as confused anyway...

5 comments:

  1. Oh I must admit this is one stage I do not miss. Having a 10 minute conversation on "why" is no fun my friend. At least they DO grow out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cute when it is someone else's kid, but I can see myself getting really annoyed when it's my future little munchkin! PS I had a dream the other night that I lived with you guys. Random.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have got to admit, I dont think I am stoked about this phase, I have a feeling Brooke is going to be a HUGE WHY asker herself. You are a wonderful mommy with the right attitude!

    P.S. LETS GET TOGETHER for a park day before it is SUPER COLD with Amanda and Laurie one of these days, what do you think??? Let me know?
    P.P.S Do you have a SeaWorld pass??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, this is my house too. Bayer asks me about everything. When I don't give him an answer he is satisfied with, he says "I SAID blah blah blah" and repeats his why question again. You are nicer than I am though because eventually I ask him to stop talking and give me some peace and quiet for a minute. I probably shouldn't admit that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw Riley's brain is sponging everything up! next time you should ask her why!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?