Monday, March 22, 2010

cats=poop=one unhappy camper

I just celebrated this BEAUTIFUL day by mowing the lawn! I actually love love love to mow the lawn. It'f fun to be out in the nice warm sun and take a shabby lawn and turn it into a sharp looking lawn with just a little work.
We've had about a week or so of nice warm weather and i'm Heaven. I feel as if i can crawl out of my cave and come alive again!
Back to the story and the inspiration for this post.
I was mowing the back which consists of picking up all my neighbors' cats's poop after when the shorter grass can reveal it all. Yes. There are tons.
Lets set the record straight. I don't own a cat. I don't want a cat. Correction both josh and i don't have the desire to EVER own one for so many reasons. We dont want to feed one, take it to the vet, pick up after it, have hair all over the house, pet it etc. (ya we aren't really animal people.) Now i don't mind when other people have cats. I like to pet them a little then and what not, but i think you understand how i feel about them. :)
So back to the mowing, or shoveling i should say. I haven't mowed the back in quite some time because it's been so rainy. So when i finally did there was SO much cat poo; it's disgusting.
As i was cleaning it all up so we can have a nice place to play and smell i was wondering to myself as i do everytime i mow the back, "Self, why am I picking up tons of cat crap when I don't even own a cat?" I still haven't come up with what to tell myself about that.
I would love to tell the neighbors to come do it for me but can't think of a polite way to say it, which again, why i am worrying about being polite when my neighbors are the ones letting their kitties pooooo all over the neighborhood?! (yes, i know it would be totally weird to ask that of them, i've never seriously considered doing it. but i do fantasize about have a block meeting and having all cat owners set up a schedule of when and how to share the duties of there cats', well, "doody's". haha
Whenever I see a cat in the back yard or on our fence i race out the sliding door and yell at the cat to go away, i've even thrown some bark at them. I never hit them, on purpose, because although i don't want a cat i'd still feel bad hurting one. I just want it to know it's SO NOT WELCOME in this house! Riley always tells me when she sees one and she runs back and forth across the yard telling them to go away too hehe. I've considured buying that stuff you can sprinkle around and i guess cats don't like the smell or something. But that makes me so mad. Why should i have spend my money on a cat i never wanted in the first place?! So then i add into my little fantasy all my neighbors paying me to buy the stuff :)
I have a solution. Keep your cute little kitty inside or on a leash. Just like a dog! Let it poop in your home, your grass or your little box. PLEASE.

6 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. We don't own animals because we aren't animal people. We don't want all that it takes to care for a pet. We have a problem with dogs pooping in our yard because we are the corner and have the mailbox.UGH! I think this year I may invest in the stuff for the yard for my sanity. I don't want to pay for it but it is probably better than getting angry everytime I see dog poo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that really is annoying. Until you live your fantasy of telling them to clean it up themselves, spraying water at them from a spray bottle will keep them away! Maybe then they will get the hint to not come back... even though it's still annoying to even have to do that when it's not even your pet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess all I can say is I LOVE YOU and you crack me up and I love that your little girl is turning into her mother. Hahahah... you are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that was a funny post! I really hate cats. I do, I'll just say it out loud. And I would really hate them if they pooped all over my lawn. In fact, I'd be tempted to drop-kick one back over its fence if I saw it in the act! I hope you don't feel differently about me now that you've seen my true cat hating colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am not ashamed to say, like Charlyn, that I HATE cats! I would be even more angry than you are I think. I like the idea to spray them with water. One of the reasons that I hate cats is that they and their owners feel it is okay for them to just wander all over the neighborhood. I mean- you wouldn't do that with a dog so why would you let your cat? Sorry you have to deal cat poo : (

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I share your sentiments about cats! Buy some cheap ($1 or $2) Moth balls and put them around the edge of your grass. The poop will go away!We had to do the same thing cause our neighbor's cat would pee in my yard and that killed our grass!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?