Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September

September was a good month-definitely settled into our daily routine...and a few fun things along the way. 

Our ward does a retreat for the women 18+ once a year up in Running Springs. 
         This was the 2nd annual Relief Society Retreat. The theme was a perfect brightness Of hope. It was really nice yet again. Friday night dinner was catered by a Mexican place here in Beaumont and we spent the rest of the night mingling, playing games and eventually moved into our cabins and stayed up until past 3 dancing talking laughing. So so fun to spend time away from husband and kids, just us girls recharging. 
The next day we had two guest speakers and some music. It was all centeted around hope and it was very enlightening but I didn't leave with the same feelings as I did the year before. Last year I left feeling motivated, uplifted inspired-quite energized. Someone mentioned this year felt "heavy". And I can't think of a better word. It left me with a lot to think about-in a good way but also I left feeling the messages put out there were meant for someone else in the group who really needed I hear them. I am super excited for next year and offered to take on planning it, hoping to have tons of help from my friends!
    NOT a flattering picture of me. I was SICK with some bad sinus stuff and my face was swollen when i woke up but I had to document me and Reese on this beautiful Saturday morning! 

After we got home a group of us went to another demolition derby "night of destruction" definitely wasn't as fun as the first one but had fun hanging out with friends. 
Max is BORED with Braden gone at school so we try to find things to do other then watch Tv. We went on a "pine cone" walk this day. 

Riley wrote a "secret recipe" and I let her try it. Not too bad!
Reese's first cookie-Oreo-before she is a year-gasp! I know. I know. How can I tell her no?!
What else do you do when Max and some bubble wrap are in the same room?!
Reese loves to help me "do the dishes"
Hailey pushed Reese around the track for a good long time 
Just playing 
Max's first trip to the dentist!
He did great!!! Until we had a problem with insurance and they couldn't do the actual cleaning until it was figured out. He did fabulous during X-rays though. The staff at this pediatric office are SO nice and friendly. They have each of the rooms painted or with vinyl in all different kid friendly themes. Video games and toys in the waiting room, flat screens on the ceiling for during your cleaning!
When we went back to get his cleaning done they put on the movie Rio for him to watch as he laid on his back, he got a certificate for having no cavities, entered into a drawing for free movie tickets for zero cavities, got to pick a toy from the treasure box AND then the dentist herself made this huge balloon for him!  She was so sweet and named each of his teeth as she checked them "this is jack and Molly and Jane and joe, oh! Joe said he likes to eat pizza" etc she was so nice! 

Reese and Riley sure look alike!
We love us some baby Reese!
Josh took Riley to the padres game and walked all over the stadium and found this!
Braden got an award at his school. Each month, each kinder class picks four students to receive an award. 
Braden's teacher wrote, and the principal read "Braden is a super citizen! He is patient and polite. He is neat and organized and stays on task. He takes initiative to complete tasks and is a great role model for his peers" and recieved a free meal for Denny's.  I'm so proud of how much he is liking school when he thought he would hate it. 
Reese learned to fold her arms for prayer!
Not a great shot but this is her first time with bubbles. She wasn't quite sure what to think and was slow to get them!

Max and I finally made the play-doh recipe our library uses. And it turned out GREAT! I should've done it years ago. 
Some other notes from this month:
-Reese perfected walking, she walks ALL over the place. She still falls but hardly crawls and chooses to walk most of the time.  
-Shakes her head no really fast, she knows she is funny and does it or attention. She gets so dizzy!
-Nods yes or no at the correct time. Josh and I already are amazed how much she understands and how well she Is communicating with us already!
-learning to sign milk and cracker. One day at lunch I was just messing around showing her and she copied! I should keep it up and she would probably learn fast. 
-Super smiley all the time!
-Max was watching Tarzan and I showed Reese how to bang her hands on her chest and yell and she did it haha
-Likes to wrestle with josh and the kids
-"Yells" at josh. Some times she will just look at him with a serious face and say "BAP!" And kind of nod her head. She does it over and over and it's hilarious. 
-Riley got a good report card this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatta ya say about that?