Friday, October 3, 2014

New Love

    Bogart park is a camp ground about a 5minute drive from my front door. I've been once or twice but have never spent the night. 
   Well my friends Shelley, Audrey and I decided that on Saturdays instead of running or lifting we should hike to get some exercise in but to shake things up too. We became close with Kendra Moberg a sister missionary serving in our ward and her and her companion would come along with us too. 
   We have been going each Saturday, meet at 5:50am and hike for about 2 hours. 
   I'm kicking myself for not going every other Saturday that I have lived here. The hike we have been doing up a fire road is steep, long and fun!!! It is beautiful to see the sun rise and watch the mountain light up. We try to get further and deeper on the trail each time, beating our last time and hope to start some trail running. 
   As the sun was rising...moon still out, the quiet is wonderful and eery at the same time. 
The classic "why not jump?" Photos at a pretty overlook. 
My best friend Shelley, I have become so close with her this last year and am so grateful for our friendship. 
You kind of had to be here to get this picture but it makes me laugh out loud every time I see it! Audrey, another friend I've been getting to know really well as of late and I trying to do a cool picture of a shadow but as you can see didn't work and turned into something way better!!
Is this not an incredible view??
Audrey, Shelley, sister moberg and I
This is what makes me excited to wake up extra early every Saturday and the knowledge that I'm about to get in a good workout!
On our last hike before sister moberg left for home, done serving an 18mth mission I surprised her and hiked up with a bottle of sparkling cider and Audrey made a great toast!
I brought Reese this Saturday so josh could sleep in and Katie was able to come too! We are trying to get her to come every Saturday but as she has a newborn to nurse it's kind of hard. 

    So grateful for the friends I have around me. I really am blessed.
   For the past couple months Audrey, Shelley, sister missionaries and I work out mon-sat at 6am. Running or lifting weights depending on the day. It's a good release to work out, starts my day off right and I LOVE hanging out with these girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatta ya say about that?