Friday, October 3, 2014

Braden's 5th birthday


I wasn't planning on throwing Braden a party but he reallllyyy wanted one so I met him half way. 
He invited 4 boy cousins and one good friend to come swim and BBQ at Lynne and Max's.
    I drove most of the boys there and they were so funny to listen to in the car. Talking about Legos and power rangers

Once we got there a couple of the boys jumped in and then the party fizzled out before it started. It was a hot sunny day but no one wanted to swim (are you kidding me?! That's why we drove all this way!)
   They finally settled in splashing some and using squirt guns. 
  They had fun eating lunch together with promises of a piñata soon!
Piñata as I found out, are crazy expensive sooo I made one! My first one, I think I did ok...I know what to tweak if i ever do another though. 
The boys finished off the day jumping on the trampoline and eating cupcakes and piñata candy. As I drove them home I asked who had fun and they all shouted super loud that they did so although I thought it was kind of lame I guess they didn't!

   I can't believe "my boy" is 5. Time just goes so fast. Braden's personality has changed so much in just the past couple years, it's fun to watch the boy he is becoming and the characteristics that come and go and to guess which ones will stick. I'm so on love with him,  he definitely is a sweet emotional boy who still likes to cuddle with me and finds very sweet and thoughtful ways to show me love. (I get to write about his naughty side on another post-not allowed on his bday post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatta ya say about that?