Sunday, December 1, 2013

November

November was pretty laid back. Our days are pretty scheduled (to keep me sane) when Riley is at school. 
Wake up at 6:30am, get riley dressed
Caiden arrives at 6:50
Breakfast for everyone, clean up
7:30 everyone into the car to pick up Alexander and off to school! 
It's a Whirlwind Of a morning but we get through most days just fine.  
When we get home from dropping off Riley the boys like to play or watch a movie or both. I try to keep movies to the minimum but it works as a great distraction when they are having a rough "sharing" day. 
 Lunch time about 11:30 and naps at 12:15. 
I look forward to nap time. A time I can just sit back and not have to talk to anyone or break up an argument, I can read a book, eat lunch, cuddle Reese, take a nap! It's wonderful. Just try to rest up for part 2 of my day once the boys wake up. 
     I enjoyed taking a picture of Reese every single day! I'm really trying to soak it all in as this may very well be our last baby...
One lazy Saturday we headed to oak glen as a family after nap time. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! We hiked around and the kids had a blast. I loved watching them tromp through the leaves and exploring nature. And I also loved seeing josh with the kids. Happy family times are the best. 
One Sunday morning I took the kids on a walk before church to pick up some pretty fall leaves. We came home and put them on contact paper to make an art project, some to give away to family some to keep and display on the fridge. A couple years ago Lynne did this project with Riley and it was such a great idea!
3 boys in a box! Funny how much entertainment this can provide!
Caiden was smart and did not want to be shut in, my boys on the other hands loved being locked in and pushing their way out. 
Braden asked for a couple days straight to play in the backyard with the box and fill it with water. The weather wasn't too cold at all yet but it wasn't summer time either. He enjoyed it until the box was nice and soggy and destroyed. He also enjoyed being a stinker and spraying the baby boys a little bit. 
I brought them all in for a warm bath after!
I try not to put this sweet thing down but with all the different requests and needs the other kids have, she spends more one out of my arms then I like. Luckily she is an excellent sleeper and mostly sleeps the entire day until about dinner time waking every 3-5hrs to eat. 
They kids LOVE to hold and kiss on Reese. And the older two are a big help when she DEMANDS being held while I'm making dinner. This month Reese slept about 3-5hrs at night inbetween feedings and then the last week slept 7-10 hrs each night!
Grancy came to visit. She always spoils the kids with attention. She even took Braden on a walk in the rain! 
   Story about his face in this picture....for a few months now this boy has been OBSESSED with the word "fart". I tried fighting it at first telling him "we don't say that" etc but soon gave up and just don't allow it at the dinner table and other peoples houses. But he says "fart" or "poop" all day long. I kid you not! He LOVE LOVE LOVES to substitute words in songs with it. For example "the Itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water POOP!" or ABCDEF FART!
  He walks around making fart noises, he loves to stick his butt out and make the fart noise and point. Max even does it now...oh great!  Braden says things like "hi fart mom" in a sweet voice haha  he is good about not being mean with his potty talk so we allow it, he just loves it and thinks its so funny for some reason. Boys will be boys. 
These boys can sure get into trouble when my back is turned so when I found them snuggled up on the couch together reading books I had to take a picture!
Reese before church. 
Spending the day with just the boys (and Reese) while riley spent the night at Oma's over Thanksgiving break. 
Josh was playing "race" with the kids one night to get them tired before bed. He was timing how fast they could do five laps around the house. My competitive side kicked in and I soon joined. Noone could be Braden's score, he mustve run around our house 100 times that night!
Riley spent the night at my mom's house over thanksgiving day break  she has been really into building fairy houses at Oma's house but said the fairies can get away because they are built with sticks so I told her maybe papa could help her build a good one and trap a fairy! My mom spent FIVE hours building and creating this fairy land! Riley left a note asking if fairies were real and If so to "circle yes" well when she woke up in the morning the note was circled yes and the fairies left Riley a small match box filled with glitter and 3 pearls! 
Taylor was home for thanksgiving. We went to my dads this year but visited with Taylor the day before. 
My turkey...
The last day of the month we decorated for Christmas. Plan on doing the tree later this week for FHE. 






1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so dang cute and you sound like the funnest mom ever! :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?