Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Visit to Lakewood

It has been a long time since I went to visit Lakewood where I grew up. Carrie and Bradley still live there and my brother and his wife as well. It was definitely "my turn" to make the drive! I packed up the kids (minus Braden-he was at Oma's house) and half the house as soon as they woke up and we were off to pick up my mom to join us. 
    We got to my brothers first and Max LOVED chasing the chickens. My brother rigged a plastc sac on the end of a fishing pole and let Max chase the chickens around with it. Max abused those poor chickens so bad! He would chase them both into a corner some how and whip that fishing pole down on their behinds!!  My brother said he has a hard time getting them back in their coup but they were running right in when Max was around haha. 
  
When they did try to hide in their house max would jut shove the fishing pole in it...poor poor chickens. It was pretty funny to watch though. Through our giggles we would tell max to be nice and soft. 

And my mom was brave enough to let the chickens eat out of her hands and showed max how. My brother whispered to me how bad it hurts when the hi jens peck your hand and bites up laughing when it finally happened to my mom...we are so mean!
Riley stayed far away from those pesky chickens and explored my grandpas craft house to see what treasures she could find. 


What's a trip to uncle "knuckle heads" house with out a shooting lesson. This was max's first time shooting. 

    We toom a break from that fun and me and the kids went to carries house to hang out. I didn't get any pictures except of me Carrie and paula. So fun to see her!
The kids rode bikes, played chalk, terrorized carrie's mom's house, did crafts and later that night after dinner we went in the jacuzzi. 
   So nice to see friends and have a good safe day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatta ya say about that?