Sunday, September 19, 2010

Baby Steps

Braden took his first steps last thursday! He took 3 of them and hasn't cared to try again. He has done one step a few more times but isn't too interested in walking yet! It was very exciting though :)
These next few pictures were at a park while we were visitng my Grandma Ruth.
He layed like this for quite some time, picking up and throwing the wood chips and you can see riley in the background enjoying our picnic.
Learning to pump! This is the first time she kind of-sort of got the concept...i think it will still be awhile where her pumping builds any momentum but it was a proud mommy moment none the less!
Do you see his tongue?! He was LOVING this
I love these kids :)
Feeding the ducks-braden kept sneaking pieces of the bread though...not sure i wanted to teach him to throw food yet anyway.
Riley's first day of preschool. I'm in a 3yr old co-op with my cousin and two other friends. My cousin Katie has the first teaching slot and said the first day went great! Riley had fun, so she said and they learned sorting among other things. Katie said when she had them all line up to repeat the Pledge of Allegiance it was the cutest thing, i can only imagine and can't wait for my turn to teach!
She DID NOT want to take a "first day of school picture"
But she DID WANT whatever it was that i bribed her with...
I hooked up Riley's bike to the wagon and let 'em go! I had to stay close to braden for fear of him tipping or climbing out, there are not straps in this wagon. They had a blast and rode around our cul-de-sac for a loonng time.
Riley's first lemon.
I thought i might have wasted the entire two dollars i spent on it (major garage saleing day) but when i got home she instantly fell in LOVE with it. She gave it a good scrub and played in it the rest of the day.
Feels good to be caught up a little! Life is good, we are loving each day and finding fun things to do!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad she loves the car!! I thought she would. Braden is looking so big lately and his pursed-lips-face cracks me up! It is weird seeing pics of your kids playing at the park I spent my entire childhood going to! Woodland Park is where I spent many a day growing up and when I was visiting my parents a couple of weeks ago, Russell and I went for a run from my parents house around it. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all the pictures! I love the one of Braden playing with the wood chips....It's amazing what keeps them entertained for so long! Looks like you guys have been having some fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cutey patooties! I love those little guys! I love Riley's school picture! Hilarious! Bribing works I tell you. Except we like to call it "manipulation." Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy is he cute! We have a little almost walker at our house too. Time flies too fast, I tell ya! I'm glad preschool is working out for you guys. Those kids must be such a cute little class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brayden is looking SO much bigger and older these days! Riley is swinging like a big girl and in Preschool??? WOW your kids are growing up! Congrats on the steps and all the other fun stuff. I better get to getting caught up on life on the blog. I am WAY behind :) Lets get together soon so talk to Laurie about a date and I will see if that works for Amanda and I :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE!! Riley is getting so big i can't even believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! It is happening. He is growing up and you can just see the gap between him and Riley closing more and more. Before you know it they are going to be running everywhere together, playing like crazy and bugging each other to death :) So Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?