Friday, September 24, 2010

Baby Shampoo is the way to go!

I, somehow, got an entire glob of my bed head shampoo in my right eye yesterday...You know, you pump some shampoo onto your hand then bring your hand to the top of your head to lather...well mine, when eye level, made it into my eye, none on my hair. all in my eye. the WHOLE glob...oh my goodness. there are no words.
I immediately turned to face the water thinking i'll just wash it out and that is when it hit me...i turned right back around to try to reach over the shower stall to grab my towell off the hook and OF COURSe it fell to the ground so i had to blindly (my right eye was clamped shut and the left one followed suit for some reason) get out and feel for my towell, but even then a towell over my eye was helping no one.
So i rush to the sink and try to flush my eye. OH the stinging. I was actually stopming my feet and groaning. I couldn't even cry it hurt so bad. I just kep say "oh my gosh..arrrghhhhh. oh my gosh" i'm sure it would of been a sight to see!
I would literally rather go through child birth again than that! NOT KIDDING. Atleast at the end of labor you get a bundle of joy...this one you are just hoping your eye ball isn't disenegrating like it feels it's doing.
I didn't know what to do so back in the shower to to run water over my face. The second i let pressure off my eye the stinging is wayyy too intense, all along i'm pictureing how well my shampoo lathers and how it must be all lathered up in my eye and needing TONS of water to be flushed out. if only i could get my eye open.
At last. I am able to partially open the eye and flush some more. The pain. Really? has this ever happened to you? I feel for you.
When i get out of the shower, and take inventory on my eye...is it still there? yep it is, about half as big as the other eye and bright red. yuck. I continued to flush it every little while for the next hour.
I think i might stick to that tear free baby shampoo from now on.
And i'm not going to give Riley such a hard time when she screams the whole time saying "don't get water in my eyesss"

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry but reading your story I had to laugh. I love how things happen to us and we realize we need to take it easy on our children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I hate when we don't run at night and I miss hearing these stories in person ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH!!!! Sorry to hear that painful story!!!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?