Friday, August 27, 2010

Perfect Summer Days and Nights

Crazy to think Summer will be ending shortly. I'm not done with the heat. I am looking forward to the holidays. The warm colors, yummy food and lots of family time.
Riley had her cousins over the other day for some slip n' slide action. When we got outside we set up under a blue sky with the sun blazin'. Just beyond our house I noticed a big yucky cloud and shortly after we started to hear lots of thunder....LOUD thunder. It was an odd feeling setting up beach chairs and sun screening the kids with thunder in the back ground. Well the storm moved over us and rained a little, we played in the water and watched the lightning show.
I tried to catch a lightning bolt on camera-didn't happen.
My plan was to put the kids down for their nap then lay on the grass and read a book while watching the lightning but i ended up reading a book and listening to it from our bedroom windows, almost as good.

Summer nights. Sliding door open to let in a cool breeze, freshly picked tomatos from the garden, riley drawing a new design for our chalkboard plate we proudly display on our kitchen counter and braden enjoying a big boy fork.
Hubby home shortly from home depot.
A run in the warm air under my belt.
Life doesn't get much better than this!

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. I love the summer too although this last week has been so hot we are getting stir crazy. It is too hot to be outdoors during the day and too hot for us even to open our windows at night. I'm looking forward to fall a little. I like reading your blog because I feel like you try your very best to enjoy every moment of these special times with your little kids. Sometimes (on bad days) I think about how different my life will be even 10 years from now and more than anything I want to enjoy the kids now and not wish the days away. Summer sounds fun at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaaa..... sounds WONDERFUL!!!!! sounds totally wonderful!!!! I am shocked to hear YOU say you are ready for the heat to go away, REALLY is this Jessica or Josh that did this post??

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?