Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Shelley, katie and I have become pretty inseperable. I feel so blessed to of found "my people". We just mesh together, our kids are friends. It just fits and works. I don't know how to explain it, we have become so close and it makes me so happy to have them in my life and to be by my side as we raise our kids. 
   I really am blessed to have quite a big group of friends, also, who I know I can rely on and trust and have some really good talks and laughs with. I feel beyond grateful for that. 
  So this past month Shelley mentioned her, Jacob and the kids for tickets for the temple open house in AZ and were going to do a family mini vacay, she surprise me a few days later and said she got more tickets if we wanted to join! So thoughtful! She also gets an amazing discount at certain hotels so how could we say no?!
    She invited Katie, Russell and their kids and it was set! Shelley was awesome and planned the whole thing!
  We took off the day after halloween and meant to caravan but extra errands put Shelly and Jacob a bit behind everyone else. The trip up was uneventful which is nice. 
   We got to the hotel and had to switch rooms around but finally got that settled and swam for a little bit to let kids get some of their energy out!
   Then we dressed for the temple open house. This was BAD planning on our part. It was dinner time, kids were starving and tired. The lines were LONG. But we did it, we saw the new temple. Gorgeous. Simply beautiful. I was so happy to be able to share this experience as a family. I'm hoping Riley and Braden will really remember this and cherish the memory. 
  The kids LOVES the bus ride over to the temple. 

The next day we found a really neat park to play at for awhile before we made the drive home
There was this lady there. With a hula hoop. Dancing around with it. Ha. The kids were mesmerized and she was really nice and was teaching them moves. 
Reese looks so crazy here I had to add this picture! Not her best picture, but that face, her mother does love it!
   Overall it was a great trip and so happy it was all organized for me or I'm sure it wouldn't of happened. So glad to spend time with good friends and make some great memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatta ya say about that?