Tuesday, August 5, 2014

San Diego Trip

Rachel's dad let her use his time share this summer and she picked San Diego and graciously set up a mini reunion for some of us that were roommates in college. 
    She had an entire suite set apart for me and the kids. Picture quality is awful as the kids were sleeping and lights were off when I took these But we had a kitchen, big bathroom, master bedroom, front room with pull out bed/couch, two flat screens and a patio! It was GREAT! I was able to save a ton of money and bring stuff to make breakfast lunch and dinner while we were there so we didn't have to eat out at all
The kids got settled in
And Reese found a cute baby in the mirror
Rachel and Chris were incredibly helpful with the kids whenever we were out at the beach or pool! I couldn't of done it without them. 
Reese enjoyed the beach much more this time. We did two beach days and she ate TONS  of sand (first time I've ever seen A baby poop sand-gross!)
Braden had SO much fun in the waves. They were the perfect size for him. 



2nd beach trip of the week josh was able to join us!  I taught the kids how to dig their very first tunnel and how to make "drip castles" apparently out of the group I was the only one who knew this...so the adults joined in also and had a competition going for tallest drip castle
*inportant to note I taught my kids (and every other adult on the trip with us)how to make "drip castles" ... Can't believe noone else had done them before!

It was a great beach, not too crowded and free parking right next to the sand! No bathrooms though. But a bucket and grocery sack got the kids through haha
    We came home from our adventures each day to rinse the sand off, fix dinner and head to the hotel pool where Chris would entertain the kids teaching them to swim and dive. 
After that I would bath them all, give them second dinner haha and they would CRASH 
   The last day we were there we went to the San Diego zoo. Me, josh and our kids, Rachel&chris, Lauren&Chris, Ellen&Nate, Susan&Charlie and there Daughter (so mad we didn't get a group
Picture!!!) it was really nice to see all those girls and their guys again, especially ellen who I feel most close with (besides rachel)
The weather was overcast and eventually turned rainy (as we were on the top
of the double decker bus of course) which made for a nice, not too crowded day at the zoo with all the animals out and pretty active. 
    I am beyond grateful to have met Rachel (and now Chris). So glad we will be life long friends. She means so much to me and we always have a good time together. I feel so blessed that she was generous enough to present us with this opportunity and that I could show my kids a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatta ya say about that?