Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Cousin Camp

{top left:Easton, Max, Caiden. Bottom left: Braden, Lucas, Hailey, Riley...Liam and Brynlee were too young to attend and Reese was there but too little too}
I had this idea...i wanted to start a tradition and have all of my kids' first cousins (on joshs side) over for the day for a "cousin camp" once a summer. I'm hoping it will be something they look forward to, love and remember. 
    I had the whole day scheduled and it went mostly according to plan. Cousin camp was from 10am-4pm and I had different activities set throughout the day with lots of time to just play inbetween. 
     To start the day off we made awesome spray paint T-shirts...the kids put strips of masking tape on white shirts however they wanted. 
Then we went outside and they picked what colors they liked and I sprayed....
We let them dry all the way while we ate lunch...
Weren't my helpers cute?!
Boy table:
Girl table
Shirts were dry by then and ready to take the tape off. The kids were so excited...especially Easton, he kept saying "this is SO awesome!". They all immediately put them on. 

Then I stacked them in this pyramid'ish shape that I hope to build and recapture each year! Most of the pictures went something like this...
Then I had to go to a meeting for Braden's school so my sister inlaw Heidi was so nice to come watch the kids for an hour. During that hour I left them with a movie and popcorn and candy and promises of water balloons when I got back. 
They had a blast throwing water balloons
and playing in our inflatable pool. 
Oh and what would cousin camp be without Popsicles!!
silly girls!
For the boys the day basically consisted of playing power rangers and discussing who should be the black ranger and why. 
Whether they were in the back yard, house or in the pool, "GO, GO, power rangers!" is what I heard. 
Just a side note. Caiden was SO mad at anyone splashing, jumping etc in the pool. He walked around the pool giving himself a WIDE perimeter haha poor guy. I put his regular clothes back on and he was happy to go play on his scooter. 
  After awhile all the kids wanted to get dried off and re-dressed for scooter and bikes until pick up time. 
It was such a fun first annual cousins' camp. I couldn't have asked for it to go
any better. I loved seeing them play together and grew a deeper love for my niece and nephews. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatta ya say about that?