Friday, August 3, 2012

Potty training

I decided it was time to potty train Braden. 1.his diapers were disgusting 2. He didn't like when we had to change him 3. He was ASKING for a diaper 4.the straw that broke the camels back or however the saying goes-I found out he was screaming and fighting and KICKING our awesome babysitter when she tried to change him.
Not happenin' in this house, no way.
Sooo I tried about a month ago and he peed in his underwear and then pooped in them and didn't really tell us and I could just tell he wasnt quite ready. And cleaning out the poopy underwear sent me running back to diapers quick! BUT the day our babysitter told us he kicked her I was ready to try again and make it work. I struggled between forcing the issue and waiting till he was ready but my mommy instincts told me to just do it.
He screamed and cried and I had to FORCE him into his underwear. He was embarrassed to wear them for some reason. As soon as I got him distracted he was fine. We set up our system: if he TRYS to go potty he gets to put a sticker on the paper hanging in the bathroom that is JUST for him-so special with a B on it as everything. If he actually pees on the toilet he gets a little candy (3m&ms) or something. If he goes poop he gets the batman pez dispenser and pez that was sitting on our mantel.
With out giving you a totally play by play he had two minor accidents the first day (not counting diaper at nap/bedtime) then he had a HUGE accident for the sitter the next day. Then we went on a 3day vacation-bad timing.
Since we've been back he has only had two accidents. We even made it to the park and store in big boy undies but boy was I scared!!!
He is doing great and tell me every time he has to go-he even sits on he toilet to fart hahaha better safe then sorry! We will see if he has any setbacks but its looking good so far!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I absolutely HATE potty training but I love them being out of diapers!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?