Tuesday, December 13, 2011

38weeks and 2days along

I had a dr appt last friday, dr was able to check me and let me know that i will still the same (as the tuesday before) 3-4cm dilated and 40%effaced. i was pretty down in the dumps after that appt because i thought for sure i would of had SOME progress....so all weekend long i've been waiting and waiting for some contractions to start...he did tell me that i could come in on monday to be induced basically...if i wanted...but i want this to be semi nautral...well here i am, tues, still pregnant (which is fine b/c i'm still 1.5weeks away from my due date, just soooo anxious) i had another dr appt today and he asked me if i wanted him to strip my membranes "yes please!"(this is the SEMI natural part) so he did. (he is leaving thurs to go out of town and wont be back until the 27th, i'm hoping for him to deliver me but we'll see) and wowza! that was quite uncomfortable, he even told me after that he tried to break my water with his finger...didn't work, but he tried. again OUCH. but i'm not complaining...whatever works! he was quite agressive so im hoping this helps. i asked him "will this work?" and he said "you should feel something after this" and i asked if it would put me in labor today and he said "if this doesn't work, i give up" haha so it's been about 4hours and no contractions yet...i'm  okay ebign pregnant still since i'm not really too near my due date but on the flip side i am SO anxioius that i literally have issues sleeping at night which is not like me...fingers crossed!

6 comments:

  1. Good look! I bet you guys are super excited to meet this new little one... As well as ready to be done. I have never had any luck with them stripping my membranes, hopefully you will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you. I felt your pain all over again when I read about stripping your membranes. That hurts so bad! I am glad for you that this little one is still in there baking. That is the best thing for the baby and also for mom so that you can bring the little one home with you.

    I kept wanting to write "it" when referring to the baby but couldn't. It seemed mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so awesome you r at 4 cm! we just went in today and i'm happy to say i'm dilated to 1.5 cm...i would be so happy with 4cm! but i guess the more kids you have the more dilated you get? he said my cervix is soft too, and he said that if i want to be induced next week then i can. he's going out of town too the 22nd to 25th...and i really want him to deliver! plus, kev will have more time with her and won't have to go back to work so soon if she comes on the 21st. ah...i just want her to come naturally though! looksl ike you are in the same boat! i feel you!! can't wait to hear what happens with you! good luck! can't wait to know what you are having!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess!!!! I lost my phone and all my #'s to go along with it. Call me, I can't wait to hear how things are going, if you have had your baby, what it is, all that jazz! Please read this, call me, I miss your face and wanna chat and see you! Love ya girl, good luck, and can't wait to hear about the new baby~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LOVE to do a photo shoot of your baby! I just updated my photo blog with pictures from my last one.

    violet_lufkin@hotmail.com

    email me so we can exchange phone # and I will need your address too. For it to be a good photoshoot the baby needs to be less than 10 days old. It sounds like we need to be in contact ASAP so I know when to come :0)
    Good luck this next week. (I made my dr stretch my cervix a little and then I went into labor a few hours later, it hurt a little but I think it was worth it)

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?