Thursday, April 14, 2011

Oh Starbucks...

Here i sit at starbucks...8:41pm and i'd rather be sleeping in my bed. No, i'm not a night person. But, yes i do love starbucks, the incredible smell of whatever coffee they are making and the "fresh" music-for lack of a better word. It's just comforting, calming, home-y, and just the kind of music i don't own but you need when you are sitting in starbucks working on a project (my project of the night, snapfish photobooks, they are having a "buy1get2free" photobook deal that i can pass up. I do one each year for each of my kids to re-cap their year) I'm taking advantage of the free wi-fi...but really i get here and it's not connecting so i start to fiddle and realize my "wireless" on or off switch is in the off position, so i could of most likely had internet at home all along. Oh well, now i am here with this great music. (but my toes are freezing, they to turn the heat up, wayyy up)
-since i can finally upload some photos here is what we have been up to in no particular order-

Riley's new boyfriend...
 Riley just ended her stage of not wanting pictures taken of her...i can't be happier, but she is a little too cheesy sometimes...look at this shoulder tilt, ha!
 A friend of mine showed me this awesome palce near our home that is so fun for hiking and playing in the water. We are looking at the rainbow trout before we settled in to play in the stream.

 So fun, us mom's just set up our beach chairs and let the kids have at it. there were lots of little streams of different depths all around. There were even tadpools which were fun to try and catch for the older kids.
 my best attempt at an airplane for riley
 she had a tea party that she invited (forced) me to come too...it was cute, i thnk she had every single plate set up and i let her poor real water and eat some snack right from the plates...she loved it!
 We've had some of those days that are just so tiring that even when you take your kids out of the car they stay alseep for awhile on the couch-love those days. It usually means we were out in the sun somewhere having a blast.
 Braden is in love with apples. that is quite the understatement. he says "apples. apples apples" from the minute he wakes up until i give him a slice for each hand. and this lastst alllll day long. he chose apples over doritos today people?!
 my berries are doing good! they are getting more and more leaves and i'm sooo excited! it's one of the things we planted this year...along with

our peas-they hadn't poped up yet, but they are right in the middle...imagine a row now growing from left to right between the two green poles...with watermelon seeds planted right in front of those (the first little leaf appeard today!) 
and to the left of the little plot of land we have tomatos(trying to live, corn that is scattered from the crazy rain we got the day after i worked so hard planting all these seeds in straight tidy rows) two squash plants that bit the dust with all the rain and cucumbers that sprouted then died with the SNOW we got after all the rain...i'm happy to report my mixed bell peppers, jalepenonos, serrano and anaheim chilis are all doing well in the house!
 April fool's day is my new favorite holiday...these are the infamous "cupcakes" for dinner...really meatloaf with mashed potatoes in top...braden didn't take a single bite but riley loved them again this year.
I got to play joke after joke after joke on April fools, some back fired on me but still made me laugh, i LOVE it.

Well, that's about it...i can't believe this crazy weather. One day it's warm then raining hard for a few days then INCHES of snow in APRIL? back to warm again...im hoping it sticks to just warm weather soon!


4 comments:

  1. I love your posts!!!
    How do you get that deal on the books? Do you have a code and how long is it good for??? Help me, text me, if I can get in on this deal I would love to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i look forward to hearing what april fools jokes you played every year. glad you updated, do it more! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apple thing made me laugh. Trevor does the exact same thing except he begs for bananas ALL DAY LONG!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute post! I enjoy your writing...you always make me smile when I read your blog. And I am so happy to see pics of the kiddos. Riely is looking Soooo much like you (at least in my opinion...whatever that means). And Braden is getting Huge! Is the age gap between them closing? Do they enjoy each other and play together much?

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?