Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fall Recipes

With Thanksgiving right around the corner I thought I'd post 4 delicious mouth watering recipes...
I've tasted them all and have made two of them myself. You will not be sorry you made and ate these until you step on the scale (just a little warning)!

Yummy Pumpkin Bread
(this one is actually from allrecipes.com (Pumpkin Bread IV) with one little adjustment)

Original Recipe Yield 3 - 9x5 inch loaves
Ingredients:
3 cups canned pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
4 cups white sugar
6 eggs
4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour    (the bread i tasted subbed 1/2 of flour for oat flour)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
*mini chocolate chips(add as many of these in if you'd like...i'd highly recommend it)
Directions:
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2.In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
3.Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The top of the loaf should spring back when lightly pressed.

Pumpkin Spice Bread with Brown Butter Frosting
Yields 2, 8in. loaves
Ingredients:
1 spice cake mix
1 large package instant vanilla pudding (5.1ounce)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup pumpkin (100% pure pumpkin)
3 eggs
Directions:
   1.Mix all ingredients together.
   2.Pour into 2 -8in loaf pans (9in also works or 4 mini loafs) *be sure to spray pans before!
   3.Bake at 350 for 40min or until toothpick comes out clean.
   4. Frost when cool
Brown Butter Frosting: (a must do-wont be the same w/o it)
   1/2 cup butter browned: in a sauce pan, let butter cook on LOW heat, stirring constantly until butter BARELY turns brown. Take off heat IMMEDIATLY.
   Then add to butter:
  2 cups powdered sugar
  2 table spoons water
  1/2 tsp. vanilla
   Mix well and pour over the tops of the bread.

"Charlyn's French Bread"
This is SO easy to make, tastes great and makes a lot!

Dissolve in small bowl:
2 tablespoons yeast(i always use 3-5 tablespoons)
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp. sugar
***if you've never dealt with yeast before, ask someone or google it so you don't kill your yeast. (my "secret" trick is to measure out the yeast and set aside, run tap water until it's how you'd like your bath,- realllllllyyy warm but not "hot"-this is the trickiest part- i test on the inside of my wrist. Take 1/2cup of that realllllyy warm water put in the small bowl and immediatly add yeast that you set aside. i'd do about 1tablespoon of sugar and wait 5-10 min) if the yeast was killed nothing will grow in the bowl and you have to start over, but if you did the water temp. just right you will see the yeast start to grow and you can continue on with the recipe!
In Large bowl combine:
2 cups hot water
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup oil
-mix well
Add to the mixture:
-3 cups flour and mix well.
-yeast mixture from the small bowl
-Add 2-3 cups more flour (i always need 3) and mix well.
-Leave in bowl and let rise for 1hour mixing a few strokes every now and then.
-Divide dough into 2-3 pieces (depeneds how long you want your french bread roll)
-Roll out each onto a floured surface into the length desired, then roll of lenthwise like a jelly roll.
-Put on greased cookie sheet, sealed side down.
-Slash top of dough diagonally with knife.
-Brust with egg white.
-Let rise 30min. more
-Bake at 400 for 25min

Last but certainly not least-as you will need this to have something to dip that french bread into:
Mimi's Santa Fe Soup
Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. valveeta cheese
1/2 onion *i of course would chop this SUPER fine so there is no chance of feeling an onion in my mouth.but that's just me!
1 can diced tomatoes with chilis
1 can pinto beans with jalepenos (these make the soup pretty spicy, so be sure to sub out if you or the kids don't want that)
1 can corn ***i was not told what size cans to use, i would guess a 15 oz can.

Directions:
-Saute onions
-Brown mean, drain
-Mix all together, warm and enjoy!
***a crock pot works really well for this! Remember the cheese needs to melt, so allow enough time for the "warming" part.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and that these recipes help to kick off the season...Let me know if you tried any and what you think! Feel free to drop some off at my house too! (wink wink, but really you can if you want, ha)

6 comments:

  1. WOW that was sweet of you :) I think I am going to try that last one for sure! YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will for sure try that pumpkin bread! They all sound pretty good! Thanks for posting! Now I'm hungry again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I love pumpkin flavored anything. (one of mu favorite things from starbucks I'm no longer able to have is pumpkin... Sadly. :() So these will be perfect! Good thing I'm exercising a lot so I can enjoy these yummy recipes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I made the cut! I can't really take credit for that french bread recipe but I will anyway :) I am going to make every one of these recipes with my little soux chef (Bayer).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy!

    For some reason I thought you knew about the cheer thing! She is going to do it every year -- so next year's homecoming, you better be there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that twitter thing popped up every time I went on my blog and it was annoying me so I took it off, no worries! PS why dont you have facebook? I saw some pics of you that selena posted. You look beautiful! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?