Sunday, July 11, 2010

Big Bear, Fireworks and Homemade Icecream

We started our 4th of July holiday by camping in big bear with my parents. It was braden's first time and he did great!
(so glad we brought the pack n' play, braden had a blast being outside with us)
And riley had fun playing or bathing in the dirt
We went on a bike ride to the Discovery center and go to look at some neat things
Braden took a snooze and woke up just as we were heading back to camp.
My mom taught Riley to say "Only you can prevent forest fires" in a deep, "bear voice" hehe it was pretty cute.
And we frosted sugar cookies...Riley liked to skip the whole cookie part and put the frosting right in her mouth! She was an expert sprinkler, as you can see. I think that was half the jar on one cookie!
That's the end of camping! Riley was POOPED! She fell asleep whil we were packing up.
Next stop. Josh's parents' house for fireworks and homemade icecream!
My sis in law brought bubbles and these cute toys to eat the bubbles, you press there belly and it makes the mouth open and counts each time they eat a bubble
My other sis inlaw introduced Braden to his first party blower, it was so funny to watch :) Braden kept grabbing it of course, and making us crack up.
We took about a million pictures of the grandkids. (wow, 4, and one on the way...time flys!)
Everyone was behaving except for riley. Luke was clapping like crazy!
Yep, that is icecream i'm scooping into my kids' mouth. I gave in and let him have a little something sweet. He LOVED it of course. And for all who reads this THIS DOES NOT MEAN EVERYTIME YOU SEE HIM YOU CAN SHOVE WHATEVER KIND OF FOOD YOU WANT INTO HIS MOUTH :)-just a little side note.
Waiting for it to get dark...
Watching the show.
(the pictures you wanted to have crusty)

5 comments:

  1. I miss you guys! Who's the other grandkid that's on the way??? I really wanna hear Riley say the Smokey the Bear phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that Braden LOVED his sweet treat. Ryan loves them. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brave camping with little ones. I need to take notes from you! Glad you had a good time.
    p.s. I can't wait to hear Riley's Smokey the Bear impression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a blast of a Holiday weekend!!!! Love all the pictures and your side note crack s me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, first of all - Riley in the Smokey hat is too much for me. She is so cute! It looks like you guys had such a fun holiday. I love the 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?