Friday, November 13, 2009

a "whoops!" moment

-Josh has been wondering why our grass is getting so brown, i mean it does that a little in the winter, but it hasn't been that cold here lately...well he figured it out yesterday. I turned the sprinklers off on riley's birthday so she could play with her new bounce house outside on the grass. Yep you guessed it, i never turned them back on. It's only been a couple or 3 weeks! whoops :)

-a little comfort that came to me in the car just a week ago and might help comfort other cold weather haters out there. Your carmax chapstick stuff gets super hard in cold weather so when you squeeze it, it doesn't come flying out and get everywhere like it does in the hot summer! At least one good thing about yucky cold weather.

-I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, although the end may still be quite a few miles down the road...braden didn't wake up until 6:30am this morning to eat! He went from about 9:30pm the night before alllllllllllll the way to 6:30. I have SO much energy today it's crazy. Just getting a few consecutive hours-anything over 4- feels FABULOUS.

-Braden smiled for the first time on purpose for his aunt crystina last sunday! It was sooo cute. Now i try allll the time to make him do it. He loves screechy kiss noises right in his open mouth, or if you kind of grab his lower gums and give a little shake :)

-Another feel good thing for cold weather despisers like myself. HOT TUBS. oh ya, nothing feels better than a hot hot hot, hot tub in the winter. awwwwwwwww

-Riley had her 2 yr check up, she is completey healthy thank goodness. funny part is that she is in the 10th percentile for heighth and 25th for weight...our little shrimp!

-Those are all my random thoughts for now, enjoy the pictures!

Now that will brighten up any day i'm having!


My silly boy enjoys looking at josh WAY more than looking at me. He seems to always look right above my hair line...I think he's staring at my halo-that's my best guess ;)

So hard to get the smile on camera, but this is basically it, sometimes it gets bigger. I LOVE IT.
Looks like he's thinking "ok crazy lady, bring it on. I'm not smiling until you are acting COMPLETELY foolish."Riley and Opa (German for Grandpa-what their grandkids call him) in a niceeee hot tub
Our flamingo (thank you to katie!) and our little pumpkin, sort of, just in halloween p.j. thing.

8 comments:

  1. Love the last picture of Riley- what a cheesy face- but a least she will attempt to smile and look at the camera for you! Lucky! Braden is getting so cute and big already with his smiles. How time flies . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...I love both of the kids smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss you guys!!!!!!!!!! braden is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! and Riley is just the cutest :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok that flamingo costume is so cute! Ha I have never seen a flamingo before. SO SWEET!
    It took me SO LONG to actually get a picture of Brooke smile so you are awesome! I love that he is looing at your halo, cute!
    Glad the kids are healthy and strong and that you are having positive thoughts about the cold that you hate o so much :) You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kids are so cute!!! And that happened to our sprinklers a few months ago too (except it was James who turned them off!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Riley's smile is adorable...what a unique costume. Braden looks so much bigger already. It is Soooo fun when they start interacting! I am so happy to hear another cold hater out there in the world. I would be fine with perpetual summer!
    And about the sea world thing...from my understanding their is not a height requirement if they are riding with a parent. The only height standard is if they are riding alone. Their only rule is that they have to be able to take 3 independent steps...so random. We should meet there one of these days! You have a pass, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been guilty of the same sprinkler thing for the same reason! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?