Thursday, September 24, 2009

THRILLED!

I had my dr. appointment this morning and i asked the nurse if he was going to "check me" to see if i was dilated at all and she said no not unless i was feeling any pressure. I told her i wasn't feeling any pressure but that i think i might of been having some contractions since saturday (five days ago) but i wasn't sure if they were contractions or what, so she said he would check me then just to see. Then i felt kind of dumb, like i was being one of those patients that just request too much etc, but when he checked me he said i was 3-4 cm dilated and 75% effaced. He was shocked too i think...He said that if he were to strip my membranes today i would definetly go into labor today but seeing as how i'm still about 2.5 weeks from my due date he wanted to let nature do it's thing and i totally agree...He said i could go into labor today or 3 weeks from now, there really is no telling. But he did warn me that when i do go into labor he believes it's going to be VERY FAST. So he said once i start having contractions five min. apart for an hour to head to the hopsital, he said drive the speed limit but to get there asap...
Needless to say i'm SUPER EXCITED! (that was great news, but on top of it don't feel like a dummy for asking him to check me now, i was scared he would say, "you haven't dilated at all" and then i'd just feel really silly) My dr isn't on call to deliver until october 2nd so i kind of hope to make it those 8 days (my dr finally grew on me!), but waiting that long might drive me nuts too just sitting and thinking every second could be the second i start having contractions. SO whatever happens, happens right?!
All bets are still on for that candy, for those of you who guessed!
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :)

11 comments:

  1. Yea!!!! That's so exciting! Better start getting prepared for that baby to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Can't wait to find out what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how exciting!!!!!! it's a boy huh?!?! haha ..or a girl?? i guess it has to be one of them!! i'm so excited for you!!

    Tammy J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl that is SO crazy that you are that far along already. I think it took me 20 something hours after my water broke 6 days after my due date to even be where you are right now! I envy you!!!! Can't wait to meet the little one!! See what "it" or "the beast" is!!! Your pregnancy FLEW!!! Ready to be a mommy of 2?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I change my prediction? No way I'm going to get that candy bar now! And you may even beat me!! good luck even if you do, hope all goes well and you get to the hospital in time without breaking the speed limit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and now your going into labor as i type!!! yay! how funny that im ready your blog just as you text me you are heading to the hospital! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exciting news. Be sure to tell them at the Hospital it wont take long, they tend to believe everyone's labor will be slow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that you will have a boy, Braden Joshua on Friday September 25. I think he will be around 7 lbs 5 oz and 19.5 inches long.
    My favorite candy is 100 Grand Bar.
    Just kidding, totally love you guys, and I can't wait to meet him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news for you guys! I just knew the beast was a boy!!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?