Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I'm smoothering her and i LOVE it

Josh and i are taking off this thursday for our vegas get away...I'm super excited to spend 3 days with just him and no responsibilites! We get to drive there and do whatever we want on the way, when we get there and on the way home! Like i said i plan on laying out and he wants to golf other than that we are going to sleep in, walk around and enjoy the night life! CAN'T WAIT! anyway, the flip side of this is no riley for all those 3 days and 2 nights. I'm already going crazy with the thought of it, i've never left her, even for one night! As the trip gets closer i get crazier and crazier about her. I've really been smoothering her. Instead of saying, "okay, go play by yourself for a little" when i'm too tired or bored to play what she wants to, i throw her on the floor and get into a huge kissing and tickling match. I've been chasing her around, taking her to the park, on walks, etc etc etc. And i love it. I need to do this all the time not just when i fear losing her! I'm just so afraid i'm going to be so sad the whole time without her. I know she will be just fine, which helps me a lot, but i just love her to pieces and the thought of not seeing her for 3 days jsut kills me. I jokingly told josh we should just bring her and that i didn't have kids to just up and leave them when i wanted to go on vacation, which is so true! ANYWAY the smoothering has been good, i'm definetly not spoiling her just loving her up. man i'm going to miss her, it hurts my heart just writing about it...who could of thought you'd ever be so attatched to someone?
I had a dr appointment today...he didn't say anything about the last ultra sound, so i don't know if i'm still placenta previa or not, and i forgot to ask! I will update pictures soon :) Enjoy all the pictures from the past couple weeks...
The set up...my parents invited us to sleep in the trailor but we wanted to go "camping" so we stayed in the tent. Riley did just fine, went to bed without us while we roasted smores. Slept most of the night, only josh woke up about 30 times to re-cover her :)
dutch oven "chicken stacks". makes my mouth water just to think about it

Enjoying the camp site
On a little night walk
Monte "pa-pa" and Mom "grancy"
hammin' it up with "grancy"
Red White and Blue...her socks say red white and cute :)
The mountains really were beautiful, it was SO hot. my stomach looks like a big red tomato...ouch!
Have you seen a cooler boat? All decked out with a tower to get in prime shooting position
She took a nice lonnnnggg nap...love those
My stud...He was the only one to catch a fish...catch? no SHOOT one with a BOW AND ARROW on the 4th
In order, from the right, Lisa, my sister in law due july 24, than katie, my cousin in law, due august, Stacy also a cousin in septemeber and me in october! They are all having boys...which means we really luck out either way with ours. a sister for riley or a boy for all his cousins!
Riley didn't care for the fireworks this year, she didnt' cry but she looked wary and she kept saying "scurry"
My new sport...EXTREME STROLLERING....yes i know i look like a dork but i haven't quite figured out the proper attire for such a sport...the most extreme it got is when i ran into a cyote...scary!
She asked for cake one day. I have no idea where she got the idea, but we made one! She only wanted one piece out of the whole thing over a week period, but she wakes up every morning and says "cake"...cracks me up!
caption?
This floaty is the BEST-walmart-she can completely be on her own in the pool with NO HELP, which is exactly what she demands
Posing with her new hand-me-down adoroable cowboy boots-don't worry she didn't wear them with the dress, just around the house a little!

It's insane how much this baby moves. I lose so much sleep over it...but i love it all the same...i told josh we have to name him the next karate kid "daniel son" This video shows a little of the action, i'll try to get a better one

13 comments:

  1. So glad she likes the boots- they look SOO cute on her! Don't worry, you can handle 2 nights- it will be hard, but 2 nights is actually perfect.
    Oh and weird side-note: I think Monte looks just like Ben. Maybe it's just that particular picture, but it made me think of what Ben will look like at Monte's age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,

    It is hard to leave the kids but good for your marriage. It took us a long time for Mark to convince me of that. Now I look forward to the time away to just spend with Mark and love coming home to see the kiddos. Enjoy it, it will be hard but look for it as a chance to re-date each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute pictures! I totally know how you feel but I hate to leave Brooke even for a few hours just going to the movies!! She does fine though so that makes me feel better. You might seem like you will be sad but I don't think you will. You will miss her of course but she will be in good hands so that is always a comfort! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys think it's a boy???? I think it may be too? We shall see?
    Love all the pictures! The camping looks like it was SO MUCH FUN!!! I bet it was with your parents! They are so much fun! Way to go Josh by the way for the catch, or shoot!
    I also LOVE that floaty thing, I saw some kids with them, Walmart, good to know! You look super cute preggers by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jess, you are so cool with your rollerblades! i've been wanting to get some forever now. haha i love you!
    and i swear i lol every time i see new pictures of riley. she is so stinkin cute! i know i say that all the time, but i cant get over it.
    have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute picture of the 4 of all the pregnant ladies! its a baby for each month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not looked at your blog in a while and it looks like you have been really busy and have had lots of fun. Hope you had a great weekend in Vegas. I agree with Jennifer you need time away. You will feel a new sense of Love for your kids when you miss them and then get to come home to them. We still try to get away one night a week without the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the new pic at the top of your page!!!! So funny!! It's great you guys are getting away for some YOU time. I've never been away overnight from my kiddos either (except when I was in the hospital having Aislyn....I missed Maddie like crazy and then when I saw her next, she looked HUGE compared to her new sister). Anyhoo, thanks so much for all your comments on my blog.....NO ONE ever leaves comments. So, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you guys had fun on your trip! Is that your mom in the pics? She is totally cute!
    There are tons of great pictures on here--and I love the dancing belly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you guys have had alot of fun lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great post. I was smiling through the whole thing. I am soooo jealous that Riley will nap in a wagon...Makenna would NEVER do such a thing! She is getting so big and sooo cute. I love all of you prego's with your belly. Your belly is so cute and finally stickin out there now. And watching the baby move around made me miss being pregnant for a minute, just a minute though. I'm not quite ready for that yet again. Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE that goggles pictures! I laughed so hard!! I'm still laughing. She is so cute! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy. I love all your names!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?