Thursday, June 11, 2009

22 week check up and Anniversary Search

I had an OBGYN apointment today it went well. I've had no complications due to the placenta previa so far! He found the heart beat almost right away. i think he got the butt first, because when he moved the instrument a straight across to the other side, we heard the heart beat, haha, made me chuckle to myself. While listening to the heartbeat he said "Sounds like a boy today" i didn't ask what the speed was specifically, but by his comment, he was reffering to the old wive's tale that a "slower" (yet still in the healthy range) heart beat indicates a boy. He also meaured my uterus, i guess you could say, he didn't say how many inches and i didn't ask, but i'm sure it was on track because he didn't say anything. And the best news, he also let me set up an 'anatamy' scan ultra sound for a few weeks from now! Although we are not planning on finding out the gender i can't wait to see the baby, the tiny, feet and fingers, the brain, bladder, beating heard and rib cage. it's so amazing. I was feeling that this baby is a boy at first, now i'm back to not feeling certain either way, but i'm starting to hope a little bit more for a girl just so riley has a close sister. But a boy for josh and i would be such a fun change....i'm starting to really get baby hungry, having dreams of labor and holding this baby. I love feeling all the kicks and tumbles, i'm having a great pregnancy thus far!
On to the anniversary search i mentioned in the title...Josh and i want to "get away" for about 3 days or so for our 3rd wedding anniversary (july 8th) so one of the weekends suroudning it we want to go somewhere: palm springs, catalina, vegas...this is where all my helpful friends come in. I'm finally brave enough to leave riley for couple days, i can't wait to get away, just josh and i and just have an amazing time to relax and connect! Any ideas? places you've heard of or been to? please let me know so i can check them out. I'm thinking of a resort type place, comfy bed, pool, etc.

2 comments:

  1. we just went to this awesome resort in San Diego. You'd love it.
    www.thedana.com
    great pools, great rooms, TOTALLY reasonable prices, great location on the water, lots to do. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on a great check up! I still do not know how you can handle not knowing what you are having but girl, power to you!!! I can't wait to see the pictures from the ultrasound too!
    Ok so the anniversary thing, Kip and I LOVE VEGAS and have done that for our anniversary like every time! We have gone to a time share thing and then had the whole weekend on them which has been nice! That way we have been able to play more because we were not paying for the hotel and stuff like that! I would call them! Last time we stayed IN the resort and it has a sweet pool, lazy river, and the rooms are super nice! If not I would suggest South Point Hotel for a great place to stay! They have a sweet pool, nice rooms, pretty good prices, good food there, a bowling alley, movie theater and more in the hotel! So that is my tips!
    Can't wait to see your pregnant self tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?