Wednesday, January 7, 2009

one week down just three more to go!

Today is the 7th day of my 31 day new year's resolution. I thought i'd let you all know how it's going. Well, it's a lot easier than i thouht it would be, actually. The first day i had a HUGE headache, i felt a little dehydrated but i think it was lack of chocolate! The next day, my headache was still there but very minor. The begining half of the week i struggled with wanting sweets all the time, but for a couple days now i only struggle after dinner. YAY! i feel like i'm making some defnite progress. I KNOW i made some kind of progress when i met josh for lunch and we got sandwhiches, everyone got chips but me and it was ok. At first i was licking my lips looking at the chips, but when lunch was over and i realized i survived quite easily i was quite proud of myselft and it made me realize that eating healthy is actually not that hard at all. You just have to get it in your head that eating healthy is what you want to do. I think it's been easy for me because i know for certain that i am not allowing my self those certain things for all of january so i guess my mind is learning to not waste time wanting it. In between meals i'm still in the habit of snacking on stuff, i'm trying to break this habit, so i'm trying to cut down the amount of snacking, i don't want to cut out snacking entirely but i know i do it too much! After dinner when i'm craving something sweet i have a couple honey wheat pretzles which usually does the trick, it doesnt' feel like it at the time but once my craving passes i'm happy! (riley ate some mini M&M's and i made her come give me a hug so i could smell the chocolate in her mouth! haha) OH, one bummer so far. The first part of the week, i was craving junk so much and obvisously not having it that when meal times rolled around i would like double of on all my food to try to fill me up, so i ended up gaining a little weight but all my exercising has kicked in and i'm down a little from where i started now. My body just needed a few days to adjust i suppose!
What i'm really craving is Ohana's frozen yogurt in redlands with tons of mini M&M's mixed in! meet you all there on feb.1st?!

11 comments:

  1. WHOA! That's awesome! Good job! Keep up the good work! I felt bad because I think my sister started doing that too (she talks with Laurie) and when they came over we got all this candy and she didn't eat any of it! I of course felt like a fatty..BUT i wasn't complaining too bad. :) Keep going! You'll totally make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well way to go, you have been way better than I have been on keeping my New Year's Resolutions, I really need to get my butt in gear. This kid just LOVES CARBS!!! But I really have not gained any weight and I am 13 weeks, I tend to tell myself that that is good but I really don't know? I need to for sure keep up the healthy lifestyle. I need to keep running because when I do it I LOVE IT! I ran 4 miles yesterday and it was wonderful!
    Well keep it up for sure! I am routing you on girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! Like I said before, Kes has lost a lot of weight and is eating healthier and one thing he does to curb his after dinner craving for dessert is eat a bowl of cereal. He really likes Honey Bunches of Oats with strawberries or peaches. Healthy but makes him fill up a little and crunchy too. Just thought I'd pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who says if you eat a fruit and drink lots of water that helps too. I will find out the real thing if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job, Jessica.
    I'll meet you at Ohana's on the 1st ( :

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy freakin cow it's JOSH FISHER! your little girl is a DOLL! So random of finding you on here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job, Jess! So proud, so proud ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really impressed!!I don't have a lot of self control when it comes to food!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how you do it, But good for you! Maybe we just need to hang out more so we can keep loosing weight together :) Although eating stuff like chocolate is ok as long as you do it in moderation which when it comes to chocolate that's hard to do,so maybe you should just keep doing what your doing. Man I need your willpower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Check my blog you've been tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to be honest it took me a second to figure out who you were :)

    I can't believe you already have a 1 year old!!!!

    Your little family is so cute.

    It is great to be connected again.

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?