Thursday, October 29, 2009

Riley's 2nd Birthday!

I can't believe my "baby" is now 2 years old. Josh and i are so proud of her. She is such a smart, cute, sweet and crazy little girl. I don't know what life would be like without her anymore. She truely is loved by Josh, me, and the rest of her enormous family. I can make a list a few miles long of all the things she can do and that we are so proud to show off, but being a mom of two now has completely exhuasted me, i hate to admit, so instead of a super long list i'm going to share just a few things that she's done lately that has impressed and cracked us up!
this morning she came in to wake me up-after letting me sleep in an extra 30 min :) and i sat up in bed to feed braden. She said "don't take a nap mommy" aww-i must sleep too much for her likeing.
I drew a picture of a pumpkin and she kept saying "apple" and i kept politely correcting her and she finally said "say apple mommy" so i did and she said "yes, you are right" haha!
too bad, my brain is fried right now! she says so much funny stuff and i can't think of a darn thing.
Awesome chalk board, dry erase on the opposit side, from my dad and his wife. What a great gift!
Josh made this incredible cake! We asked riley what kind of cake she wanted the day of her party and she came up with a "cinderella cake" somehow, so daddy built one!
My brother absolutely SPOILS riley every chance he gets-past presents: barbie quad and jump and spin horse thing...he really does keep setting the bar higher and higher for himself. This year he got her a BOUNCE HOUSE! ya like the ones people rent out for parties, but smaller. i can just barely fit it in our front entry way, so it's perfect for days i don't want to take it outisde.
This is my brother, the spoiler, Matt, first time holding Braden :)
Close up of the amazing cake!

10 comments:

  1. awww. happy birthday to Riley... and happy 2nd year being a mommy :)
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe first of all that you have a 2 year old, second of all I can't believe that JOSH made that amazing cake! WAY TO GO JOSH!! I also can't believe how cool your brother is for getting Riley such cool presents. Does he want to spoil Brooke???
    Your fam is super cute!
    Laurie and I need to get out there to visit you sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing cake. Wow I'm impressed. What an awesome Uncle Riley has!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 years old?! Really?? Crazy how fast it goes by. I love the "apple" story...that is too funny! Sarah always tells me how adorable and smart she is. We need to have more get togethers. I would love to see Braden too! Hope you are staying somewhat rested...two is a big adjustment. And tell Josh I will hire him out for our next birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Riley! Nice cake, Josh. I'm very impressed with your cake making skills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on the cake, Josh! Riley is such a cutie! It's hard to believe she's 2 already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetheart of a brother and Josh made a fantastic cake! Your little guy is so adorable and I can only imagine how tired you are taking care of two! I love naps and wish I could take one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Riley! Cute pictures! Josh awesome job on the cake!!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?