Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My sweet sweet Riley



    Riley and I had some alone time today and we chose to wrap Josh's Christmas gifts. 
   Out of nowhere Riley told me, again, how she is the shortest one in her school. (she mentions it often and it saddens and frustrates her-if only she knew how cute she was!) her eyes started to water and she smiled her best and said "I'm not crying". (aw break my heart!) I told her i doubted she was the shortest and she confirmed that she absolutely was. -her eyes getting more watery against her will, smile getting harder to fake-I told her that her being the shortest made her the most special. Not everyone can say they are the shortest. 
    I told her again what I've been telling her lately...that Heavenly Father made her like that on purpose so we just have to figure out why. there must be a reason he wanted her just so. It's our job to figure out her purpose. That seemed to help a little. 
   I also explained that some girls her age that are really tall cry and feel sad too even though they are beautiful. 
    I gave examples of what some short people are really good at like gymnastics.
     She kept trying to laugh and smile to hide her tears so i just explained that she was feeling emotional and sad and that was okay. 
    I know she will grow to love herself just the way she is but it makes me sad to see her so sad about it now. 
   I feel so blessed to be a mom and have moments like these with my children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatta ya say about that?