Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My newest intimidating adventure...

I have to give some credit to sarah for helping to inspire this post. As i told you a few posts back that i want to, no, I WILL-run a half marathon this year. That was also one of her goals for the year and she sent me a 12 week training schedule.
Now 12 weeks seems like a lllloooooonnnngggg time when:you only have 12 weeks left in your pregnancy or have only 12 weeks left of work until vacation, or 12 weeks left until school lets out for summer, or...fill in the blank :)
So why does 12 weeks until a race seem like NOT enough time?!
I love my blog for so many reasons, but one of the reasons i love it the most is because it's my "enforcer". Anything I want to do i simply just have to write on my blog and because i'm a bit competitive i will do it! (I know all of you out there reading this will just laugh and laugh at me if i don't complete the goals i list on my blog, right?!) Last year for my new year's resolution i wrote on my blog this RIDICULOUS eating schedule for the month of January. (it started mostly to help overcome my addiction to chocolate which i still "suffer" from daily and turned into so much more) but the point is i did it because you all were out there looking over my shoulder ready to point fingers and laugh if i cheated. So here goes nothing, or a whole lot of something...
Starting tomorrow I'm going to run every morning before my husband leaves for work in order to train for a race in april. I tried running at night after he got home from work but it left me with no time for the two of us and no time for us with the kids all combined...and i hated that.
I want to feel that runner's high again, i want to be addicted to running, in a healthy way-is this possible? I used to CRAVE runs not dread them. The only way im going to make this a reality along with my dream of running that race is to get up and run while my family is sleeping. No one loses mommy or wife time, i can, eventually, watch the sun rise as the seaons change and i will be up before Riley so i'm not grumpy when she wakes me up :) win win.
Now, a side note for my running buddy katie. I'm sorry! I know the best time for you to run is at night and i hope you know how much i LOVE running with you. Seriously. I am totally willing to go running before your husband leaves for work which i think you said is really early, just to ensure you as my running partner. So let me know if that's something you want to do.
Please wish me luck, strength and energy as i set my alarm clock for an hour a lot of people don't know exists-okay, so it's an hour of the day most people are getting ready for work but come on, early is early!
I'll also take any running advice, strategies, good routes in our city or people who want to run with!
*correction...the race is 16 weeks away not 12. Phew, that sounds like a little more time to prepare.

4 comments:

  1. check out bobbimccormick.com she's a friend of mine and also a runner in yucaipa.

    also check out my crazy new adventure: crocheteveryday.blogspot.com

    Not as scary as running, but a big task! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so proud of you! i am going to run one too... someday... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh! when you are running i shall be asleep and warm in my cozy house in my soft bed! ;D haha jk! i just have to get up and go to work everyday (which is a work out in itself!!!!) and then go to the gym to pump some iron! good luck sista! wish i lived in beaumont! i would def get up and run with you! i dread it too... :/ although i USED to love running... so sad.. good job little lady! AND GOOD LUCK! maybe the next time u plan to come to redlands we can sprint hills! and run noah's ark! :DD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way you write, you rock girl!
    First off I wish you still lived by me so we could run together like we used to when I tricked you and all. Wasn't that the best? I loved it!
    Well we are going to do this, you are already starting ahead of me because I am SO out of shape but I have run the last 2 days and I am pleased with it :) See you at the starting line! LOVES!!! Good luck and keep a runnin! You will get that high back and you will have breakfast made, a smile on your face, and a glow about you when your family wakes up :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya say about that?